Eventually we will contract with someone to come in with an excavator and clear out the area for the animals pens in the wooded area, but at the moment the need is to clear the area where we need to put fencing to contain the dog. Thus the kids and I went to work with the mower, hedge trimmers, and other assorted tools; including a bunch of elbow grease.
We made several discoveries in the process of cleaning out that little corner of the yard.
We found a bunch of trash, an old clothes line that was set in concrete and dug up and discarded with the concrete attached, some cinder blocks, a truck axle , a pile of asphalt shingles, some wire fence.....
Still much work to do, and a great deal of dreaming because the finances took a big hit with an unexpected change of plans at work. The raspberry enterprise seems "do-able" this year, the larger excavating project is now in question. Blessed be the flexible, because they won't get broken.